Sunday, November 6, 2011

Christmas Card Workshop

Scrapbook Sundays are the day I post a project featuring new ideas and some of my favourite Close to My Heart products.  I hope that after reading my post you will be inspired to try something new the next time you scrapbook your memories.


I am thrilled to share with your the beautiful cards we made in my Christmas Card Workshop this Saturday!
The Workshop attendees made 10 cards each, two of five different designs.  
Click to enlarge.


JOY CARD:
This card was inspired by a card from Scrapbook Trends: Christmas Cards magazine.  I loved the colour-scheme and I thought it would be easily transferred to the "Believe" paper from Close to my Heart.  I layered the Believe paper onto Desert Sand, inked the edges and faux-stitched the Believe paper using a white gel pen and paper piercer.  The "JOY" letters are cut with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, raised using foam tape and embellished with Glitz Stardust glitter gel.


CHRISTMAS TREE CARD:
This card was inspired by a card I found on the Close to my Heart Consultant Bulletin Boards.  My thanks go out to Kandi for this inspiration!  I love the simplicity of this card.  The tree image is stamped with the "Happy Clusters" stamp set.  Then the circles are embellished with a mixture of buttons, sparkles, liquid glass and glitter gel.


SNOWFLAKE CARD:
This card was also inspired by a card made by Kandi on the Close to my Heart Consultant Bulletin Boards.  The stamp set is called "Snowflakes" and the paper is "Wonderland".  I thought the folds of this card make it very interesting and I loved being able to use my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge to cut out the snowflake!


ART PHILOSOPHY CRICUT ORNAMENT CARD:
I designed this card with shapes cut using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  The red and striped paper is from the "Believe" line, and the black damask pattern is from the "Mischief" line.  The ornament is embellished with part of the strip of paper that is cut off of the top of the designer paper, and then with red glitter gel.  I LOVE that the strips have product identification on one side, and a useful embellishment on the other!


SLEIGH CARD:
I designed this card using the October Stamp of the Month: Holiday Magic.  I love this stamp set, and I was excited to include it in my Workshop.  I used the "Wonderland" paper for the brown dots.  Colonial white cardstock emboss with music notes using a Sizzix folder, and then inked with Twilight ink.  The sleigh is raised with foam tape, and covered in liquid glass for a shiny appearance.  The gliders of the sleigh are embellished with Glitz bronze glitter gel.  The star is a Milepost shape and is inked and wrapped with waxy flax.


Which card is your favourite?  My class was partial to the Snowflake Card.  I think my favourite is the Sleigh card.  The products used to create these cards are available by clicking the link "Shop With Me" on the right side of the page.


I hope you have a whimsically wonderful day!
Alice.

5 comments:

  1. The snowflake card is lovely but I am with you on the sleigh card being my favorite of the bunch! You were a busy girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done! I like the sleigh card the bestestssss!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leanne and Ann! The sleigh card was actually inspired by the card I bought from you at the craft sale Ann! It is totally different... but it gave me a great jumping off point! Busy... yes! Thankful it is over... yes! Will I do it again next year... ABSOLUTELY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too funny! Now that I have the stamp set, I am going to case YOUR sleigh card! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.