Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Decor

Scrapbook Sundays are the day I post a project featuring new ideas and some of my favourite Close to My Heart products.  I hope that after reading my post you will be inspired to try something new the next time you scrapbook your memories.








In the spirit of Halloween I would like to share a simple home decor craft.  My local scrapbook store had some adorable pumpkin decor, and I was inspired to make my own!  These pumpkins are made using the Dreamin' paper from Close to my Heart.  
click to enlarge
  • Using the My Philosophy Cricut cartridge from Close to my Heart cut out 9 circles with a 4"diameter.  (You can change the size of the pumpkins by using larger/smaller circles.  You may need to adjust the number of circles if you change the diameter.)  I used a variety of coordinating papers and cardstock from the Dreamin' package.  
  • Cut a bit off the bottom of each circle so the pumpkin will sit flat on the table.  
  • Fold each circle in half and ink the edges.  I chose a few circles to emboss with fall patterns, such as pumpkins, spiderwebs and bullrushes.  
  • When all 9 circles are ready it is time to assemble.  Glue the edges of the circles together with the folds to the center of the pumpkin.  
  • The stem was created by rolling a strip of paper and sticking it into the top of the pumpkin. 
  • For the finishing touch, tie some raffia and twine around the stem of the pumpkin.  
When I was finished I noticed that I had lots of 'same-size' left-over pieces from cutting the bottom off of each circle.  I used these pieces to create this flower embellishment for a scrapbook page.  I curled the ends of the flower using a bone folder.

I'd love to hear your comments and I'll answer any questions left in the comment section.  Feel free to "Share to Facebook" or other media using the buttons below.  I hope you will be inspired to get scrappin'!  Have a whimsically wonderful day!
Alice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comments! Please feel free to share this post with others.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.